Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Four New Dresses!

Two new, two vintage.....


The first is a gorgeous metallic red party dress with a bow that ties around the back. It flares out quite a bit on the body so I have no idea when I'll wear it. It's the kind of dress that screams out for a special occasion, of which I have none. It requires a grand Christmas or New Year's Eve event but I'm not much for holidays. At the very least it needs opening night tickets to the fanciest theater/opera/ballet company. Even then, it probably needs to be in December. It's completely unpractical for my life but fits like a dream!



and the bow in the back...




The second is another party dress with the bow in the back but this one is much more casual. It's still a dress-up dress but the material isn't as special and the chevron stripes make it fun in a rockabilly sort of way. I would wear this to a birthday party that featured lots of dancing!



And the bow in the back...



Yeah vintage! This one is a pretty casual day dress but ithas lots of special details. It's a lovely pink and has navy and white stripes down the center. I love dresses with pockets, too. The best part is the wide sailor style collar. i think I may save this for fall because the polyester is heavy but it's hard to resist pink in summer.



And a close up on the back of the collar...





And last but not least, another vintage day dress. I am completely addicted to polka dots! I like this because the jacket is removable so I can have a short sleeve or long sleeve look. I'll probably end up wearing the jacket in many ways.



And a picture without the jacket....



One last picture, I promise, a close up...



I'm still having issues as far as getting good pictures. I haven't yet found a spot in my house where I can take pictures without getting a lot of dark shadows and I need a tripod so usually everything is pretty blurry anyway. This was the best I could do for now. If I come up with a cool way to style any of these dresses I'll make sure to post pics.

1 comment:

  1. All those dresses are just fabulous!! The back bow style white/black stripes dress is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete