Wednesday, January 20, 2010
What I want for Spring
This isn't really a wishlist or a trend prediction. These are just some things I've been thinking about to help hone my vision of what I want my spring wardrobe to look like. If any of this ends up being really trendy, I reserve the right to pretend I've never heard of it.
1) White. But not just as a background neutral. I want to focus on white pieces and white outfits. This is a color that intimidates me and so I must conquer it.
2) Jewel Tones. I love deep rich colors especially after seasons of wearing loads of neon/brights and pastels.
3) Simple Separates. I tend to wear a lot of patterns or heavily detailed pieces. I think it can be distracting to have too much goin on at once. So I'm gonna try to tone it down a bit. sometimes.
4) Menswear. I really hate how my body looks in pants but I think this is all the more reason to keep trying until I get it right. Structured pieces are probably more flattering than anything floaty and bubbly anyway.
5) ethnic jewelry. I rarely wear jewelry but I want to try. I'd like some pieces that have a sense of history as though they have a story to tell. But without being super big and showy.
so what about you? What are you going to try for Spring?