Monday, April 26, 2010

Daily Wear: Ladies Who Lunch

Had a lovely day off with Mum the other day.  My mom doesn't quite live int he same place as I do and we often have conflicting schedules.  So I get to see her about once a month.  And we always get brunch at the same place because we like it and it's my favorite so I go there as much as possible anyway.



I usually try to go out of my way to dress up when she visits which is weird because she's not formal at all.  Sometimes it makes sense if we're going to a play but even if we just get a bite to eat and take a walk or sit in my house and talk, I still try to dress like a "lady".



This usual translates to a kind of retro secretary/librarian look.  Anything fancier ladylike would just be totally out of place, I guess.  So I wore my pink/off white houndstooth skirt and a white blouse with the puffy sleeves and sweet bow at the neck. Then I just through on my black and white spectator heels and sheer nude stalkings.  I felt a little over dressed in a way but I really liked the look.  Everyday is Halloween anyway, so who cares!




Outfit details: pink houndstooth skirt (banana republic); white tieneck blouse (jones collection); black/white spectator peeptoes (steve madden)

No comments:

Post a Comment