Friday, February 19, 2010

Runway Inspired Makeup-Derek Lam











I think I might actually prefer the makeup to the clothes when it comes to runways. It's not that I don't appreciate the beauty of designer pieces, I just think they are better represented in Look books. For some reason runway photos do nothing for me. Unless there's attention grabbing makeup!

Derek Lam's Spring runway makeup was very bird of Paradise: lots of turquoise, purple, and orange. And while it's not really appropriate for everyday, I thought I'd try my hand at two variations of the theme.

This is Derek Lam. I went just slightly more subtle....

This version is the more intense of the two. And here it is again....


And here is the more subtle, softer version...

And again...

Both looks used MAC eyeliner in Obviously Orange, and Haunting and Plum Dressing eye shadows. The more subtle version uses the more universally flattering plum while the more intense version relies more heavily on blue. Pardon my pictures, taken on different days in different light.

The softer version used the peachy Benefit cream blush in Hush, while the more intense version used Origins cheek stain in an orangey coral, Coralberry.

Both looks used Benefit full finish lipstick in Lady's choice with Benefit pearly pink gloss on top. With eyes and cheeks so colorful, I really just HAD to tone down the lips. This look was very noticeable and bright in both versions and I got a lot of odd looks when worn in public.

All in all I think this was a successful home version of the look. Though I don't know anywhere I'd wear it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment