Friday, February 12, 2010

Spring wishlist



Well, I looked at what was lacking in my wardrobe, I've glanced through the spring trend forecasts, and I've settled on the pieces I think I'll need most this Spring. Of course, I'll end up buying loads of things not on this list and probably barely anything that is but it's still fun to pretend. The pictures are not exact representations, merely similar things I could find photos of.

The investment piece:

A pleated taffeta skirt. I'm really into rich jewel tones right now and I keep hearing about how cobalt is the new navy so that would be wonderful. Another good choice would be a ruby wine color. I'm calling this an investment piece not because of price but because I view it as something that will come in handy for seasons to come. I want something with a really beautiful luxe European feel to it.

photo: etsy

The fun/ trend pieces:

A belted jersey dress. I'd prefer a flattering wrap style but with shirt dresses being so trendy right now I might have to go with that. I'd like a fun bright color like a Smurf blue with cute details.

photo:etsy

White tuxedo jacket. Menswear and boyfriend style blazers are big right now. And as I'm looking for a way to incorporate more white into my wardrobe this seems like the perfect way to do it.

photo:etsy

The transitional pieces:

Cropped trousers. In a beautiful versatile grey these could easily be made for cold or warm weather. I'll have fun experimenting with making them more feminine or incorporating more menswear style.

photo:etsy

Short sleeve thin knit sweater. A perfect piece to layer with now or wear alone for chilly spring evenings. I think emerald green would be perfection.

photo forever21

The Classic Pieces:

Double breasted coat with fold over collar. I know a coat isn't very Spring but what with the 20+ inches of snow we had last week, I'd say we have plenty more winter to enjoy. I have a few winterish coats but none in grey my favorite color.

photo forever21

Boys white T-shirt. A wardrobe must! Cheap, basic and oh so versatile. I'll wear this every day with everything.


The Accessories:

Ankle band sandals. I saw these last year but wasn't brave enough to get a pair. I'm not really a fan of foot exposing shoes but I'm trying. In a lovely brown.

ethnic fabric bag. Global accessories are huge for Spring and though I have many purses, I have none that are anything like this.

photo:etsy

charm necklace. Something sweet and dainty. I may actually start to wear jewelry!

photo: forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment