Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Something Old, Something New

hello there! Just a quick post to show off some lovely new purchases. I'm spending my spare time stressing over how to make faerie style work for real life. Yikes. I think I may have bit off more than I can chew and should probably stick to easier to imitate style icons, at least for the near future.


first up, no surprises, my vintage cream/tan/brown handbag. This found it's way in an outfit post already. I've had it for a few weeks actually and it's been my near constant companion, particularly with all the fall colors I've been wearing.



My other pretty vintage ind is a brightly floral skirt. I have it hung incorrectly (somehow I have no pants hangers?) but if you look closely it has a double row of red button down the front. I have yet to figure out what to wear with this. I don't think I have anything that won't compete.



Then from the modern end of the spectrum, again no surprises, my thread peacock earrings. I've already debuted these in my West Side Story post and i wear them quite frequently for everyday.



Also new, and running out of time to wear white yet it's too hot to wear a jacket major dilemma, an awesomely discounted DKNY jacket. I think it looks like audrey hepburn. Husband thinks it looks like a chef jacket. Either way it was raining in this picture and the jacket was horribly wrinkled from spending its life in a plastic bag. Hopefully it looks better on the body than on the hanger.




This was all so hurried that I only got one shot of each. Now back to work on becoming a faerie...hmmmm.....

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome. I adore your posts. I have found something for you, it is not in mint condition but I need to find a way to ship it to you. I was thrifting for the first time in eons this week and I found something that may go with one of your posts. I wish it was in better condition. I will look for another. email me your address. I will bubble wrap and send on.

    ReplyDelete