Saturday, July 18, 2009

Style Icons: Faeries

I can't think of any style icon more feminine, flirty, and delicately pretty than faeries. And I can't think of better adjectives to describe my summer clothing desires either. Popular images that come to mind when one hears a word like faerie (or fairy if you prefer) is Tinker Bell, obviously, or sci-fi/ fantasy role playing, or maybe even that Paris Hilton fragrance ad. And I certainly don't want to imitate any of these. Still, I can't help but want to clothe myself in something pink and wispy and to shimmer glitter my face, even if it's just for one day.

Some semi-random images taken from various website showing faeries in some popular conceptions...


Taken from: laguniak.files.wordpress.com


Taken from: dls1219.spaces.live.com




Taken from: www.bluemooncandles.com

I'm not sure how to take inspiration from butterfly people without looking like I'm going to a closplay convention. And I'm deeply concerned about how much skin one would need to expose. But I love a sartorial challenge and I think I can create a real life version of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment