Monday, March 22, 2010

Shades of Blue

I'm not completely immune to hearing about trends and I'd have to be living under a rock to have not heard about Blue being the next big thing, the new black, the whatever for Spring!

And blue being my favorite color and all, I thought I'd try wearing different shades of blue in honor of trendiness. ha ha I wore outfits in navy, light blue, and aqua. Here are my results.


This is almost head to toe navy blue because of the dress and tights. I had to add a little color though even a neutral and went with brown maryjanes.



The monotony was also broken up a little because the dress actually had fine silver threads running through it.




It was a little chilly that day so ultimately I had to throw on a jacket and a little scarf, more brown.

Outfit details: Navy blue dress (DKNY jeans); Navy ribbed tights (the Gap); brown heeled maryjanes (Mudd); brown corduroy jacket (forever21); Brown/purple scarf (no idea!)




I liked the idea of using a neutral to break up the blue so this tan creates a colorblock effect. This is actually a sweater worn over a dress.


In order to get this color tights, I had to layer a sheer turquoise pantyhose over a bluer opaque tight.

Outfit details: Blue fuzzy sweater (thrifted); Tan shift dress (thrifted); turquoise pantyhose/blue opaque tights (hue/dkny); tan kitten heels (totally forget, nothing major).

And this was my favorite of the experiments--Aqua! This is the one I got compliments on all day so I feel like I finally got the right blue for me.

As you can see here, I wore a polka dot button up under a babydoll sundress. It was warm but not enough to bring out the super summer clothes.

Outfit details: aqua ruffle dress (kensie); aqua dot top (thrifted); palest grey tights (hue); silver flats (payless, of course!)

What is your favorite shade of blue to wear?

1 comment:

  1. I dont even think I have so much blue in my wardrobe! :x

    ReplyDelete