Friday, November 13, 2009

Fuzzy sweaters, ramblings, and a wicked cool facewash

My new hobby is lazing about on my new sofa. Pointless, sure. A complete waste of valuable time. But fun! I'm still a little girl at heart and I like to play dress up and I LOVE to play house. Even doing household chores can become a game if you look at it the right way. So yeah, I have vintage aprons that i don and I like to put a fun record on (usually Blondie, not exactly ancient but it gets me moving) and suddenly I'm not an under appreciated housewife silently doing my marital duty (the OTHER marital duty haha). I'm Sharon Tate cleaning up before party guests arrive. Ok, maybe a bad example. But you get my meaning. Housework is just more fun when you're dusting off princess telephones and sudsing up Fire King dishware.



And as per usual I'm not sure where I'm going with all this. i should plan my posts out in my head at least if not in concrete handwritten drafts. I think I was trying to justify laying on a sofa as a hobby by suggesting that I'm not merely resting but actively engaging in the sofa's symbolic and cultural meanings. Are you buying this?

Well, skip it then. here's what I'm wearing: One of my new blue sweaters; the looser fuzzy one with my denim skirt and brown boots. very casual. Oh wait! I just remembered i did have a post planned talking about everything i did this day and it was actually interesting and thoughtful but also last Sunday so I forget everything anyhow. I'm a loser.

Sweater-thrifted, denim skirt-Calvin Klein, brown boots-Franco Sarto, wool thigh highs that at first look grey until you see all the tan marbling-Forever 21.

Mini product review:

Lush's Coalface cleanser




This is a black bar of facial soap with little bits of scrubby inside. It's meant for oily skin which I do not have but it is still my favorite Lush cleanser. and I've tried all but like one so I feel I can safely say that this one is the best for me. I like it because it does lather a bit but isn't harsh. i rub it between my palms and then wash my face with my hands. i feel like you would benefit from the scrubby bits better if you rubbed the bar directly on your face. After washing with this, my face is clean with no residue and it removes all but the heaviest of eye makeup. a 3.5 oz bar costs $10.95 and lasts a million years. i don't even keep mine safe in one of those tins and it lasts forever. I've been using a tiny sample sliver everyday since mid September and I'm only half way through it.

What do you wash your face with?

3 comments:

  1. Hot Water and the occasional pat of Witch Hazel.



    And my super-fab meatloaf is ALWAYS made in my Fire King Pan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, lush and thrifted sweaters! :) ♥
    P.S. I'm having a contest on my blog, feel free to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the picture you looked as though you were pondering the social construction of the couch in the very Focultian sense, as well as looking at the couch as both sign and signifier with you as an extention of it. Freud would be a proponent of you lounging on it. Perhaps the question could be if a couch exists in the house, and there is no one around to sit on it, is it still a couch?

    ReplyDelete