Sunday, November 29, 2009

Daily Wear: Dress Blues

What is your favorite color? How do you know? Is it because it's the color you reach for time and time again? The color you wear on your body, the color you paint and decorate your home, the color that makes you smile to see it?



If you asked me what my favorite color is, I'd probably say yellow. I find it cheerful and sunny and happy. It does make me smile. As a redhead, i think it's flattering to me. I have yellow painted trim in my bedroom, yellow stripes on my living room walls to match my yellow chairs.



But blue is like a dark horse closing in. I hardly seem to notice it's even there until I'm surrounded. without even realizing it, most of my wardrobe is blue. I painted my kitchen an aqua blue. I interpret the teal of the dining room as a shade of blue, not a shade of green. As I generate plans for the rest of the house, shades of blue keep coming to mind.



Even the favorite color I really tend to profess, grey, to me, is a shade of palest ashy blue.

Outfit details: blue/white checkered little boys shirt (thrifted); fake denim jumper dress (Macys); blue tights (DKNY); brown heeled maryjanes (???)

1 comment:

  1. I really don't think I could choose a favourite colour, I love so many colours equally!

    ReplyDelete