Sunday, December 27, 2009

Daily Wear: Aqua and brown

Aqua and brown is such a comforting Martha Stewart color combination. I think I used lots of this at my wedding for some reason. I think it started when I wanted blue pop flowers on the invitations. I posted about this skirt before when I showed it mixed with a polka dotted blouse. In that post I highlighted the brown aspects of the skirt but here I focus on the Aqua tones.

I wore this Christmas day, all dressed up even though I never left my house. I think my husband stayed in his p.j.s all day. I'm not sure how I feel about these aqua pantyhose, yes not tights. They are so sheer and I don't think it's a good look for the leg, kinda ashen and dead. You can see my bruises through them.


A fellow blogger, you might know her, is running a contest where you can win a really pretty bow headband that she made. Go here and be her friend and I hope you win!

I'm actually going to be doing a post where I take inspiration from a fellow blogger instead of a typical fashion icon. I can't say who because she reads this from time to time and I hope she'll be flattered and not annoyed or weirded out.


Outfit details: Aqua/brown floral skirt (thrifted); aqua blouse (H&M); aqua tights (hue); tall brown boots (oh, I forget, but I wore them on this thing before. too lazy to go look for them but they are one of the rare pairs not from payless!)

No comments:

Post a Comment