Friday, December 4, 2009

DailyWear: Wear it again, Sam

I've been wearing a lot of the same pieces over and over again like my tan wool cardigan, my denim skirt, and the piece I'm wearing here again, my primary colored pop floral blouse. I shop a lot. A lot. But I do buy very cheaply (though it does add up I suppose) but time and time I go through phases where no matter what new lovelies I have all wrapped up in bags with tags dangling, I just want to wear versions of the same outfit or two over and over again.




Does this happen with you? Do you get into ruts or phases where you want to wear things over and over? I feel like everyone must at some point. Perhaps you get something new and you wear it til you're board with it. Or maybe you have something classic you turn to it times of doubt and passing trends. Sometimes you have a piece that's special because of the memories attached and you wear it so you can be in that place again.





Since clothing is undoubtedly a form of self-expression, isn't it impossible at times to throw something away even if it's not you anymore simply because it is part of who you have been?



Outfit details: primary floral blouse( forever 21); black pocketed jumper dress (thrifted); teal tights (Hue); red buckle flats (payless, of course)

1 comment: